Thursday 6 December 2012

Final Design Project

It took me quite a while to figure out what I wanted to do for the final artwork project, even though I had these ideas of how I want my artwork to look like. However, when I started editing my sketches on Photoshop, I realized that I wasn't able to make it look like how I originally wanted it to be. So, I changed my idea/sketch, quite a number of a times. In the end, I decided on this:

 I started off with a sketch of a girl dressed in tattered clothes. I originally intended her to be a puppet, as a symbolization of the child being controlled by labour forces.

 Next, I applied a layer of paint splatters over the child and I layer masked the paint splatters onto the girl.

After that, I photoshopped rope onto the girl to make it look like she was hanging like the controlled puppet she was. I also coloured the background black and added dripping paint to the girl's body, to make it seem as if she was in pain, and the colour from her body (her energy, her spirits) was slowing fading away.

 I inserted a picture of wood and I used the transform tool to give the wood a bit more perspective.

 I hid all the layers of the girl and the wood, and I concentrated on the background. I made some shapes and filled them in with different solid colours and gradients.

 I used the filter tool to spherize the background and I added another similar sketch of the girl. The colourful shapes represent the head of a man that is about to engulf the girl. I also used the filter tool to twist the girl to make it look like she was about to be sucked, and I added eyebrows and a bright green eye to the man.

 I duplicated the layers of the paint-splattered girl and I twisted them to make the mouth of the man to make it seem like he was sucking the girl into his world. It also symbolizes that the girl had no control over her
body and her life.

The last duplicated image of the paint-splattered girl was not twisted as much as the others. It was added to the mouth of the man to show that part of her has already been sucked into the vortex, and that she was going to lose complete control over her life.

 I then decided to mix both parts of the artwork together. I made the wood layer visible to show that it's leading towards the inside of the man's mouth.


Finally, I made the layers of the puppet girl visible.

This was the final artpiece:


No comments:

Post a Comment